Monday, July 18, 2011

Naturals and Sew In Weaves: Protective Style Series

Hello all! Everything I have updated has posted as the day I have attempted to post so you may have to go back to older posts to view some of the new additions.

As you can see from the title of this post, I am going to use a full sew in weave as a protective style before I return to school early August.

Doing so, I have found some useful informations that can help us all out in our sewn in endeavors.

Here are some links from Thank God I'm Natural and a website named Live Strong.

Highlights from the articles:

Use silk thread as opposed to cotton to maintain moisture in your natural hair

Use a cap or net to protect your hair from direct friction of the weft from the track on your hair

Oil your scalp when it feels itchy and uncomfortable

Opt for a full sew in weave if you are going for a straighter style or one that doesn't match your natural texture (whether curled, waved, or straightened)

Happy tracking ladies!
Xoxo, Dej

No comments:

Post a Comment