Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Best I Ever Had

This is the best protective style I've ever done! Result of a day old braid out. I detangled and trimmed my hair the other day that stretched my hair. I decided to style my hair since it should've been a breeze after being stretched and detangled already..and it was!
Today, I re-twisted the two large flat twists in back of my head after splitting them in half and now there is four. I braided the hair out in the middle of the front of my head and did three flat twists on either side.
I used my flaxseed gel after moisturizing with water/EVOO/RO mix and my shea mix.
My 5 month mark was March 25th! Since this was such a success, and quick to do, it will be my go to protective style. I will be experimenting with more protective styles to help protect my hair from the elements.
-D

2 comments:

  1. I'm toying around with the idea of using the flat iron, but want to protect my locks as much as possible. Would you recommend the flaxseed gel? Does that hold up to heat very well. I realize I might be traveling outside of "natural" territory. But I wouldn't mind lots of options. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't know because the only type of heat I put to my hair in the past 5 months being fully natural is when I use my blow dryer to diffuse my curls so I wont have to go into harsh weather with wet hair and even then I use it on the lowest settings possible.
    From my research, when you use too much it can become flaky so I would expect the same results to come from using a flat iron.

    ReplyDelete