Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Frohawk at long last!

I am EXTREMELY thrilled to share that after 3 months of hair growth, I can now style my hair in a frohawk!
It may seem like a rapid time to outsiders (like my RA when I was experimenting with it a while ago) but to me it seemed like a LIFETIME!
Throughout my hair's life as fully natural, it seems that I have been taking the necessary precautions to retain/promote length. Great!
I have experienced trial and error, but mostly with products I tried to make myself, but trial and error nonetheless.
I am now even MORE excited to see what my hair can do now that I am accustomed to my natural, as is everyone else, and my hands and the occasional stray hands (that get slapped lol) do not roam as freely in my hair. Hopefully this will result in the elimination of fairy knots I am forced to cut out to promote happy hair, as well as splits and mild breakage.
I am also realizing (thanks to a post at CurlyNikki) that although my hair is thick/dense, I have mostly thin strands with a little medium/thick mixed in. I am confident I will meet my hair goal of chin length hair by the end of April if I continue the healthier hair practices and adding some more methods to care for my strands.
Stay tuned in for the results!
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment